Promotion is indispensable if you want to see your app touch the sky. But many people are reluctant to spend money on promotion. Well, there are some free ways that can help you promote your app without spending anything at all. Yes, thats true. You can market and promote your app and game for free. How? Read on to find out.
- Have your website. You can go for a small website that would present your app to the visitors on the web. You can take ideas from Path and Snapchat.
- Make a teaser site. Do this prior to launching your app. It will help collect email addresses of people who would like to know when the app hits the stores.
- Start a blog. Start a blog and connect it to your website. Write interesting content is the key to draw people to your website.
- Share your content. Use your Twitter, Facebook, etc. to promote the app a number of times on a weekly basis.
- Create a product video. This can really work. Make sure your video is creative, funny and engaging.
- Get press. Press is the best way to begin your startup. To do this, the perfect way is to get in touch with the journalists manually.
- Pitch to app review websites. Sites like 148apps and AppAdvice can generate a lot of buzz for your app if they talk about it.
- Contact bloggers who are concerned. Recognize bloggers who write on niches that relate to your app. Like a children’s app can be pitched to bloggers who write for mothers.
- Post on Pinterest. Another great idea is to use blog infographics and visual content from your app to create content on your Pinterest board.