Here is a great news for the android phone owners (like the latest flagship from Samsung Galaxy S8). If you own an Android phone as well as a pile of Game Boy and Game Boy Color cartridges lying in their drawer, you can turn your retro dreams into reality with SmartBoy.
SmartBoy is a module which you can attach to the bottom of your phone that is Galaxy S8 as well as few other Android phones in order to turn your device into a Game Boy / Game Boy Color device. You dont need any batteries to use it. Simply it into the Type-C port on the bottom of the S8. You add the Game Boy cartridge and just enjoy your favorite games.
• Plays GB and GBC cartridges
• Compatible with NTSC/PAL cartridges
• Classic-style tactile button set
• Designed for Samsung’s S8 line and up (other Android device compatibility may vary)
• Phone Size: 5.2 – 6 inches
• Upscales to phone’s resolution
• USB Type-C port
• Does not require batteries
*The SmartBoy is compatible with other apps and games, including GBA apps from Google Play. Configuration for such apps may vary.
The SmartBoy has a $49.99 price tag and it will start shipping on 21 August.
You can find out more about this wonderful device at hyperkinlab.com