- i) Keywords
Keywords are the key to getting your android app to rank in front of the right audience. Use a keyword research tool (Google AdWords) to find out what people are searching for in regards to your app. Include the main keyword in the title, and at least four times in the android app description. Be sure to include other relevant keywords in the app description. Google also advises against the use of variant android app names. Be creative and detailed with your android app name.
- ii) Conversion Optimization
Using the right keywords alone is not enough to get you volumes of downloads. If only a small percentage of the users visiting your android app page, downloads and install it, then you’ve got a conversion problem. Here is how you can increase the app’s conversion rate and thus improve app rankings on Google Play:
- Graphics – graphics are crucial to encourage users to download your android app. Use the right images (compelling) and demo videos to create curiosity in the users so that they may go ahead to download the android app. You may also want to have a YouTube video promoting your application.
- Make the app description its best – How? Use simple and easily understandable language. At the very least, and in addition to including the right keywords, your app description should compel users to download.
If you’ve gotten the keywords and conversion part right, you’re already two steps in the right direction as far as increasing the click-to-download rate is concerned. The marketplace team uses downloads data in their ranking algorithm, and it’s important to ensure that you’re doing everything to get the most possible number of android app downloads.
- a) Hardware declarations in your android app should be made in your manifest optional using android. Also, don’t leave out devices that don’t offer support for this function.
- b) It doesn’t make a lot of sense to have various formats of your android app for the different versions of android. All android devices (whatever version of android they’re running) ought to be served from the same APK file.
- c) The same codebase should extend support for many versions of the android OS.
Increase User Reviews
Since the total number of user reviews is featured in when determining where exactly your android app should rank, you need to do everything within your capabilities to increase your android app reviews count. Users will often download an android app that has more reviews (especially positive reviews). There are several tools you can use to build on your android app reviews. Two most useful app has been listed below:
- AppBoy – a mobile app Customer Relationship Management offers an integrated support platform and gives you the right info on usage and diagnostics that’ll help you digest user feedback. Basically, this app segments users based on their usage and profile, so you may reach out to them via email or in-app communication channels.
- Apptentive– an SDK tool that makes it possible for you to ask users whether they’re satisfied with app. This way, you not only get more users for your app but also get a unique chance to improve your app for better performance.
The marketplace will judge the quality of any android app based on the frequency of user engagement, and the number of uninstalls your app is getting. Here are a few things you could do to continuously increase your android app quality and maintain a high retention rate:
- Take care of bugs as soon as you are aware of their existence.
- Keep improving your UI – learn from disgruntled users and make changes to enhance the responsiveness of the app’s UI.
Maintain Analytics for your App
Maintaining analytics for your android app is the best way to keep an open eye for what users are doing with your app. The Google Universal Analytics hyperlink? is a good place to get started monitoring the performance of your android app. You can also try Flurry Analytics.